Designed and developed in 2007 by Aaron and Ben Mitchell the Mitch Hitch is the simplest way to solve the issue of the standard "plough" which has known drawbacks.
There are literally thousands of Rovers out there sporting the Mitch Hitch, tried and tested for many years, so you know you can trust the Mitch Hitch.
Even the Bush Tucker man grabbed one for his Disco.
Suits Land Rover Discovery 3 and 4 but also Range Rover Sport.
Note: This does NOT suit new Discovery Sport models
The standard Land Rover hitch issues below;
- Difficult to remove, especially if the locking mechanism seizes or fills up with mud or foreign matter.
- You're unable to remove the spare wheel with the standard Land Rover tow attachment fitted (Discovery 3 and RRS Only), can you imagine what it's like to remove the tow attachment if you've got a 3500kg van on the back and you're not on flat ground?
- Trailer/Caravan may not tow level with the vehicle without the use of additional equipment which adds cost and weight and complications to the whole assembly.
- Hangs too low, especially when off road. Has been known to fail, we have photographic evidence to show where the standard hitches have failed, probably subjected to excessive or repeated impacts.
- Not adequately rated for offroad.
We knew about these issues when we set out to design a solution for the "Plough". The Mitch Hitch cures these issues.
The standard cover plate can be trimmed to be reused for access to trailer plugs
- Rated to tow 3500kg.
- 350kg Towball download.
- No locking mechanisms.
- Huge increase in departure angle.
- Simple and elegant design.
- Weighs only 8kg.
- Can remove spare tyre when the hitch is fitted.
- Engineer Certified to Australian Standards.
Our hitch also;
- Raises the height by approx 200mm from standard for discovery 3.
- 150mm for Discovery 4 and Ranger Rover Sport.
- Puts the pin centre at approx 500mm from the ground (level surface).
We ship all around the world, please message for a shipping quote.
COMES WITH COMPLETE FITTING KIT